Friday, July 28, 2006

Can you puree tuna?

We know we have a lot to learn about the parenting gig, but we didn’t think we’d be purchasing baby food just yet. Why, then, are we in possession of 6 jars of meaty baby food (Gerber, Stage 2, if you must know)?

We wish we could be blithe, funny and whimsical. Sadly, our oldest cat, Toby, is very sick. Over the last three or so weeks, Toby has lost roughly 3 pounds. In the last few days he has stopped eating. We are currently awaiting test results, but in examining Toby’s belly, the vet discovered a large mass in his stomach. Once the test results come back, we will then need to decide whether to proceed with surgery. In the meantime, we are giving him small portions of baby food whenever he seems inclined to eat. So far, he’s enjoyed a few bits of veal. We’ve got chicken, turkey and beef as well.

Anyone know where we can get some fish flavored baby food?

3 comments:

Nina and Mark said...

I hope Toby is doing well now and eating regular food. Veal baby food must be on the expensive side.
So I read about Gus and continued to read more and more blog entries wondering who in the world is Gus?? I see, a groundhog. I feel your pain and frustration. When I was little i loved spinich (I know it's hard to believe) and I was devastated crying my eyes out because of one such Gus eating ALL my spinach from our garden.

So I am far, far away in Portugal waiting and waiting for pictures of you Jenni. Well, not really OF you just a picture to show your tummy with the new little one.

Anonymous said...

Poor Toby. Hmmm. Toby finds love (or at least a good lap to sit on) with Teresa. She leaves. Toby is said. He pines. She does not return. He enters a decline. Coincidence? For the love of a cat, woman, move back to Jersey!

Anonymous said...

Apropos of nothing in this particular post, I just noticed that your blogger profiles says "An engineer and an ecologist making a life in New Jersey", which sounds kind of like a science experiment.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the chance to use the word "apropos". Not sure if I used it right however. :)