Tuesday, April 24, 2007

She wore an itsy-bitsy, teeny-weenie, blue flowered bikini

We're back and boy, do I miss Florida. Mom and Dad never made me wear socks and in my board book, it doesn't get any better than that.

Here I am checking out Grandpa. He's tall, but not as tall as my Daddy.

We went to the beach several times. The Gulf of Mexico is big and a little chilly this time of year. Here I am with Mom and Dad on my first beach. See how tall I am? Mom told me that big drop-off is because of beach erosion. If it keeps going, the beach could disappear completely and then where would I make sand castles?
First, I explored the sand... and my feet. Aren't they the coolest? I've got two of them, you know and they're very useful for standing on or covering with sand.
Dad took me into the water. Here, I'm just dipping my toes in. The water is a little cool and the waves tickle when they crash over my toes.

Look how far I went! Dad held me tight and took me even further, but I didn't really like that.

The three of us having fun in the sun.

One night we got dinner from the Firehouse Sub shop. They've got fantastic sandwiches and chili. Don't I look great in red?

My crazy Uncle and his fiancee came for a visit, too. See how much fun my Uncle had with me? He took me to Whataburger (but Mom didn't have a Whataburger, she had some Whatachicken). I got to play with the table number sign. Very tasty for being so 1970s.

Our last day there, we went to the Botanical Gardens. So many plants! And a lot of signs telling me to not molest the alligators. Silly 'gators.

Here I am with Dad and a very pretty shrub, covered in purple flowers.

Mom and I posed by a little water garden. I really liked listening to the water and pulling on the plants (shh! Don't tell the gardener!).

Peaking out from behind yet another palm tree.

A family shot - in the Wedding garden. You really can get married here but my Uncle says I have to wait until I'm at least 21 before I can date, so it could be a while for me!

This photo is for my Midwest Grandma. This is a wood duck nesting box. Did you know they can nest 30 feet or more above the ground?

This picture is for my East Coast Grandpa - Grandpa, do you think you could grow this banana tree in your yard? It's called 'Ice Cream Banana' and I think it would be quite tasty.

All that fun in the sun leaves a girl tired. Good thing I have my Dad to carry me home!

No comments: