The data are in. Drum roll? (insert funny drum roll noise in your head now)
Weight: 16 lb 3 oz (85th percentile)
Height: 25" (62nd percentile)
Perhaps her tall gene has yet to activate. Or perhaps we should cry 'foul!' at the measurement techniques used at the doctor's office. Independent measures of Baby Wily logged in heights of 25.5" and 26.5". That gives us a mean of 25.7 with a StDev of 0.82. Which means Baby Wily is indeed shorter than the 26" limit of her car seat.
(Baby Wily helps Aunt Kelly with the math.)
Next poll: When will Baby Wily's height exceed the maximum limit of her car seat?
3 comments:
Did you figure out though if 25.7" is statistically different than 26"? I can't do an off the cuff calculation.
I thought that Baby Wily must be a lot taller than Ninja Baby since he is not close to out growing his carseat. Then I checked his car seat it is good until 29" for height.
I know how they measure heights in the Dr office and I don't trust them.
All right! Whose idea was it to dis Jenn with the possible height of Baby Wily? It is an absolute fact that she was the tallest kid in her class all the way through 4th grade. She was very often mistaken for an older child. Admittedly she must have lost her growth gene by mid 5th grade because almost all of the kids began to quickly surpass her in height. So, perhaps Baby Wily is going to gain her height later on-much like her Uncle Jeff who grew 9 inches alone in 7th grade. We can only hope! Short or tall, we love you Baby Wily.
Grammy and Grampy
Post a Comment